Tuesday 2 August 2011

Swiss Dots

I found that by the time I got to my 50th card, I was actually the one encouraged by the words of scripture that were intended as a collection gift pack for a Minister and his wife who had kindly served as a locum or interm pastor.  I noticed during their service to our church during their six months,  the care, love and humility of everyone.  The idea of creating so many cards as a gift pack was spurred on by Shelley who does the same.....so I thought the Pastor and his wife would be the perfect recipient as they travel back to New Zealand.

I also found that I was able to memorize the scripture verses, how easy such memorization comes to you when you create the cards in sets of 4 or six.  Spend time cutting out, inking, mounting and decorating around the verses.

One of the things I love doing is  raiding my scrap packs which are all sorted into various colors.  The blue matting and ribbon on these cards came from my friends', grand daughters wedding invitations that were left over. 
DEETS:
Embossing Folder - Swiss Dots Cuttlebug
Label - Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Three
Sun Punch - CP11  & L-EM
Daisy: CP 1 & CP2
Leaf:  unknown - maybe someone will let me know?
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink - ""Stormy sky by Ranger from Kaszazz

Have an awesome day everyone knowing that indeed you are inscribed in the palm of the Masters hand....

Maree Long

2 comments:

  1. Great imagination! I love your cards, Maree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you have done. It will such a joy for your out going pastor's wife to be able to send these cards to others. Good Job Lady!!!!

    ReplyDelete